Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Belated scores on the doors, Afan Argoed in the sun, The PA is being resurrected, My lungs are officially rubbish, Audax this weekend…

The mileage for January:
Road – 278.71miles - not bad.
Off Road – 52.5 miles - all at night a bit rubbish really but I have been road riding at the weekend. [Edit, I missed out on nightride]
Total – 331.21 miles

This weekend we headed down to Afan Argoed and I wheezed my way around the Skyline trail after having what appeared to be an Asthma attack on the first climb. No power in the legs and lungs contracting to the size of an eight year old’s made life somewhat difficult on the singlespeed. Pictures can be found on Pat’s flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/66688582@N00/ . However the weather was gorgeous with dry trails for the most part at great views.

We planned to ride on the Sunday too but much wheezing forced us to abandon that idea and we headed back early. Shame.

When I get a proper job, ie not a temp job, I’m going to build up my Dialled Bikes Prince Albert frame up. It’s going to be built up pretty much with the same sort of stuff it had on it when we were touring Europe (130mm Z1 Freerides, Saint Brakes, strong components, 2 rings and bash). It’ll be my Fun bike for big rides in big mountains and when I want to run gears. A few bits will move back from the singlespeed and some bits will be bought new and the forks need a service too. All in all it’s going to end up costing about 300quid to go from one bike back to two. I even have a spreadsheet. Can’t wait to do it as I miss that bike. Hopefully the job interview will go well this afternoon… So Mr Lees, why do want this job? Well…I have a frame…

After a trip to the doctor it would appear I am Asthmatic again. – Boo! But I now have performance enhancing drugs (a Salbutamol Inhaler – hardly EPO) – Woo! Did a easy road ride last night in the cold and a couple of preventative puffs of the inhaler seemed to do prevent bronchial constriction. – Yay!

Rutland and Beyond Audax this weekend, bobble hat, saddle bag and kagool at the ready. 100km or so and a couple of café stops. Should be ace!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home